BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 22, 2008

Fall has arrived!

What a glorious morning. I woke up early to hear it raining. Then later when I got up it was so nice and cool out and the sun was shining. It really does feel like the first day of autumn. Today you will see an equal amount of light and dark. Which also means, days will be getting shorter from now on. I like it to be light later in the evenings, but I'm looking forward to cooler days. And if we get a heavy freeze, that would help my allergies tremendously!
I found this nice poem about fall:

Ode to Fall
Author: Melody Wallace
Cool days, cooler evenings
Time for sweaters.
Chop the wood, stack it high
Get out the leathers.

Trees of yellow, orange and red
Mums in full bloom
Roses bending, lilacs sad
Skies of gloom

Chili on the stove, stew at a simmer
Aromas fill the room
Apple pie, hot cocoa sweet
Just a good time before...
Winter's gloom

0 comments: